Are you looking for a fun activity for the long winter evenings? Do you want to know more about traditional crafts that you can easily learn yourself? From October the 28th, the free webinar series Masters of Sloyd will start again!
Masters of Sloyd is a webinar in which makers share knowledge about their craft for free. Every other week well-known makers present their craft online on Thursday evenings, give demonstrations and answer questions.
Lots of spoon carvers and fresh wood carvers join in, but this time there are also masters in tools, sharpening, decoration and other crafts. Where in the first series of webinars only Dutch and Belgians were heard, the series now goes even more international, with speakers from France, England and possibly Sweden.
Masters of Sloyd – the speakers
- October 28 – Jane Mickelborough (France) on Breton spoons (in English)
- November 11 – Siegurd van Leusen on birch bark products (in Dutch)
- November 25 – Nico de Wispelaere about the decoration technique kolrosing (in Dutch)
- December 16 – Beke Olbers about working with all kinds of materials from nature (in Dutch)
- January 13 – Jan Harm ter Brugge about making kåsas/mugs (in Dutch)
- January 27 – Lieuwe Jongsma about shrink jars(in Dutch)
- February 10 – Sean Hellman on Grinding (in English)
- February 17 – Harald Lamon on woodcarving with the axe (in Dutch)
- March 17 – Martijn van Gerwen about the foot-driven lathe (in Dutch)
The above speakers have been confirmed. There may be a few more names to follow! All final dates are listed in the calendar of this website (sorry, only available in Dutch).
About Masters of Sloyd
Masters of Sloyd is a webinar series in which makers talk about their craft. The first series was held during lockdown in early 2021. Masters of Sloyd arose from my own interest in learning more about ancient crafts, the people who still practice them today and the need to spread that knowledge in the modern world. Because I believe that these original crafts can bring contemporary people and nature closer together.
Participation is free!
The speakers do this free of charge and participation is free. You just need to sign up. To keep it managable for me, I would like to ask you to register for each webinar separately. Do you want to be there? Then go to www.slojd.nl/evenementen and register! The number of places per webinar is limited for technical reasons, so don’t wait too long!
Please note that, except for the international speakers, these webinars will be held in the Dutch language!
Are you or do you know a Master of Sloyd who wants to add something to this program? Then please contact me!